Do you know? What happens when you quit Smoking. Smoking is one of the worst habit when it comes to quitting. Almost every smoker experiences difficulty to quit smoking. In other words, it is soft nicotine drug addiction. Nicotine goes to lungs by inhaling smoke of tobacco leaves, generated after lighting a cigarette. From lungs, it goes to brain via blood in couple of seconds. After reaching brain it starts its effect, which lasts for very short time. That’s the reason you get urge smoke again after 15 to 20 minutes. So this chain goes on until you decide to quit smoking. If you are planning to quit smoking or already did it recently, then you will be surprised after knowing what happens when you quit smoking.
What happens to your Physical Health when you quit smoking?
Physical health is very important for everyone to live full fledged life. Smoking causes various damages to your physical health. Once you quit smoking your body starts improving your physical health. Lets understand- What happens to Physical health when you quit smoking.
- Your heart rate comes to normal after few minutes of your last cigarette.
- Oxygen level in your blood increases and it goes to optimum level, as you are inhaling pure air which is not mixed with poisonous smoke.
- Your body will start cleansing nicotine from your blood right after 24 hrs.
- All the harmful toxins like carbon monoxide, which entered in your blood through smoking will be removed completely.
- Your taste and smell sense will start functioning as normal after 2 weeks of quitting smoking and you will experience the true taste of food and beverages.
- Your breathing pattern and blood pressure will become normal.
- You will get rid of bad breath and you don’t need to buy mouth freshers anymore.
- You start feeling energetic again. Because Smoking drains out energy levels. Hence, you will no longer feel lethargic and tired.
- Gradually, Your teeth strains and other issues related to gums will start disappearing . You will have healthy teeth and gums.
- Your blood circulation will improve. So cells will get better supply of oxygen and other vital nutrients, that will make your skin glow and youthful.
- Your chances getting deadly chronic diseases like Heart Attack and Cancer will be less.
- Your body will start healing the lungs by slowly removing all the smoking tar, which is accumulated in your lungs due to smoking. Smoking Harms you heath in many ways.
Time Line– What happens when you quit smoking
Checkout the detailed time line and effects when you quit smoking.
What happens to your Mental Health when you quit smoking?
Mental health is also equally important to live hassle free life. When you are suffering from various bad habits then your confidence levels will be very low. You find difficulty while performing various tasks. Smoking causes various mental health issues. Lets understand- what happens to your mental health when you quit smoking.
- There will be substantial improvement in your brain function and concentration levels. You will achieve peace of mind.
- Your self confidence will boost. You feel proud and good about yourself as you got rid of most difficult bad habit which you were trying from many days after so many failed attempts.
- You will have better control over your sub conscious mind.
- You will become more health conscious than before.
What happens to your Financial Health when you quit smoking?
Every smoker knows how much money being wasted on cigarettes. Just do the maths on below parameters then you will realize how much money you can save by quitting smoking.
- How many cigarettes you smoke in day? Example 20.
- Take the Cost of each cigarette and then multiply with 365 days. Now you know that much amount you can save per year by not quitting smoking.
- If you are smoking from last 10 years then just take average number of cigarettes you smoked per day in last 10 years and average amount you paid for each cigarette. And now just calculate. Trust me if you haven’t done these calculations earlier then you will be surprised to see final figure or amount.
After knowing figure, Probably you are thinking that, you could have bought some car with that amount. Take decision now and quit smoking as soon as possible.